The American Girl Seattle retail store in Lynwood is looking for a dynamic individual as a Part-Time Merchandise Handler in unloading/loading in- and outbound trailers, maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, organizing back of house areas for peak efficiency, and ensuring adequate supplies are on-hand.
* Process incoming stock shipments in a safe and orderly fashion. Maintain stockroom standards for merchandise placement, cleanliness and safety.
* Pack up and load trailer with returning merchandise (returns, rework and doll hospital).
* Maintain stock on the retail sales floor, including special requests from retail partners. Monitor stock levels on an on-going basis and fill in as necessary adhering to visual standards.
* Assist in the general execution of the retail business, including floor moves, equipment maintenance, and working with other store personnel to provide a safe environment for both customers and employees. Perform special projects as requested.
* Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing tasks to meet the needs of the business.
* Creates a positive, friendly and professional atmosphere for both customers and co-workers and is knowledgeable about products, services and events to assist with customer inquiries.
* High school diploma or equivalent, preferred.
* 6 months to 1 year of experience in retail or service industry, either in material handling, shipping, receiving, retail or warehouse stock handling, preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Must be friendly, approachable, and willing to offer assistance to a guest in a respectful manner, especially children.
* Must be available to work open and close shifts, weekends, and holidays.
EEO/AA M/F/V/D Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer